Sunday, April 14, 2013

...now if only the stars would align...

I've been itching to expand my shop recently, and have set out on a mission to learn everything there is to know about moving my business. Almost by accident, last week, I found out about a storefront  available for rent in my little town, for a very reasonable price. I've spoken to the owners a few times, toured the shop, talked to an Entrepreneurship Counseling Service, and my city planners. Apparently I don't need any licensing/registrations above what I've already got. Now, it all comes down to brass tacks. There's a thing or two that I need to take care of before diving into my own store, but I can't help but be excited at the prospect! I have such big dreams for the space, above and beyond just selling fabric. I want to host retreats, and sewing days. Summer is fast approaching, and I would love to offer day camps and 'sewing for beginners' to kids/tweens. And I could register these events through our Parks and Rec program, so people would know they're available... 

This is the story of my life. I've always been a bit of a cart-before-the-horse girl, but as my mother said to me just this morning, "You are a very determined and resourceful individual." Who knows what I can make happen for myself :)

Meanwhile, in etsy shop news: 

Simple Marks Summer by Malka Dubrawsky is arriving on Tuesday 4/16!

 As well as 14 bolts from Dear Stella, including some new chevrons:

 These gorgeous Twig and Tree Ring prints:
and this new Zig Zag in 6 colors:
These listings all go up Tuesday morning, so stop by the shop and check out all the new fabrics!   :)

 

3 comments:

  1. The new shop idea is so exciting!! Sewing days and classes, it all sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exciting! I hope it turns out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the prospect of growing your business! Those are all wonderful plans. Dream it and Do it!

    ReplyDelete